Turmeric is one of the traditional medicines that is believed to treat strep throat. This plant can be consumed in the form of capsules, tea, powder, or others.
Turmeric is a traditional medicine that has curcumin substance which can overcome inflammation, including curing strep throat.
Turmeric to relieve sore throat
If you have experienced itching in the throat, fever, pain when talking and swallowing, and swelling in the neck area, it is a symptom of strep throat. This disease is usually caused by a flu virus or inflammation of the bacterial infection Streptococcus pyogenes.
When the immune system is weak, inflammation is usually easy to occur. Here pathogenic bacteria will easily invade the body and cause inflammation such as create strep throat. Then, how turmeric can be a natural remedy to relieve throat stools?
In general, inflammation can cause irritation, injury, and infection due to decreased immune system. According to compound chemist at Chittaway Pharmacy, sometimes, acute inflammation triggers the body to heal itself and fight infections, which caused pain in related organs.
When you consume turmeric, this herbal ingredient can reduce pain, swelling, and also heal wounds in the throat. Turmeric is effectively able to cure swelling and inflammation compared to chemical drugs.
Consumption of turmeric to cure strep throat
When strep throat hits, it is the right time to consume turmeric to relieve the pain. Turmeric may be consumed in pure capsule powder or the form of tea as a natural medicine.
To make turmeric tea, you can buy tea products that contain curcumin in high dosage. Here’s
how to make turmeric tea to treat strep throat.
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric or grated turmeric
- Wait for the mixture to boil for about 10 minutes
- Strain the tea into a container and let it sit for 5 minutes, then drink it
Turmeric tea might taste bland. However, some people usually combine turmeric with some ingredients that have the same properties to optimize the healing of strep throat. If you want to order the best herbal remedies, please visit the website https://chittawaycentrepharmacy.com.au/.
These are following ingredients can be added to turmeric tea (with explanation)
- Honey, a natural sweetener that has antimicrobial properties to fight bacteria
- Pure milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, because curcumin requires healthy fats to dissolve
- Black pepper, mixed into a tea to help the body to absorb curcumin. Black pepper also gives a slightly spicy sensation to turmeric tea
- Lemon or ginger, both have antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, also to give refreshing sensation in turmeric tea